Motor Vehicle Crash Reports
Obtain a copy of an accident report online or contact the Records Division. On-line you will be able to download and print the report immediately after paying the required fee.
- Login to https://buycrash.lexisnexisrisk.com/
- Click on "Search for My Crash Report"
- Follow the website prompts.
If you are a party listed in the Report - Contact the Records Division and schedule a time to pick up a copy free of charge
If you are NOT a party listed in the Report - Please utilize the Village of Midlothian GovQA Portal and submit a FOIA for a copy of the report.
Traffic Complaint Form
Report a concern about traffic or request a radar sign or officer.
Vacation & Security Watch Request
Request for a Vacation or Security Watch on your property in Midlothian. This watch will not be active until approved by the Police Department, and may take up to 2 days to be processed. You will receive an email or phone call after your watch request has been processed.
The Midlothian Police Department is currently staffed by 28 full time sworn police officers, six part time police officers, six full time civilian employees, one part time civilian employee, and 10 crossing guards.
The department is organized as follows:
- Patrol Division
- Investigations Division
- Office of the Chief of Police
- Support Services Unit
This division consists of four watches organized by time of day whose purpose is to accomplish our primary objectives:
- Motorized patrol of the streets within in an effort to deter crime
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls
- Enforcement of all criminal and local ordinance violations
- Enforcement of traffic laws, investigating traffic crashes, and directing traffic
- Identifying and apprehending criminals within the scope of the law
- Preliminary investigation of crimes, offenses, and incidents
- Generation of comprehensive typed reports on all incidents
- Developing a positive relationship between citizens and the department
- Reducing fear of crime through high visibility and personal contact
The primary function of the Investigations Division is to conduct thorough investigations into reported criminal matters involving adults and juveniles.
Support Services Unit
The Support Services Unit is responsible for performing the Department's records and communication functions.