What is the Beautification Committee?
The Beautification Committee consists of local resident volunteers with a passion for enhancing the beauty already found in Midlothian. The current responsibilities of this committee are:
- Planting and Maintaining the Flower Boxes throughout the Downtown Business District.
- Decorating the Village Green for various holidays.
- Hosting the Annual Village Garden Walk.
- Midlothian Holiday Winter Wonderland.
- Helping to maintain public gardens that include but not limited to The Village Green, Hanson Park, Rexford Crossing and the Rain Ready Community Garden.
- Maintaining and decorating the "Welcome to Midlothian" signs located at the entrances of our village.
- Monitoring our "Friends of the Beautification Committee" social media Facebook page in an effort to encourage residents to beautify their homes. Midlothian website and Facebook page.
We are always looking for new volunteers that share our common goal to beautify Midlothian. Our meetings are held at the Midlothian Village Hall 14801 Pulaski Road in the Chambers on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Events information can be found on the Village calendar.
The mission of the Village of Midlothian's Beautification Committee is to promote awareness and appreciation of the value of beautifying our community. We encourage our residents and local businesses to get involved in beautifying the streets of Midlothian. The Beautification committee will strive to beautify our village gardens and central business district.
How do I find out more?
To find out additional information on events sponsored by the Beautification Committee or to get involved, please email or visit the Beautification Facebook page.