The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties within the Public Works Department, involving the installation, servicing, repair and maintenance of the Village’s water system, streets, storm drains and facilities and performs related work.
• Performs skilled & semi-skilled work in the construction, installation, repair and maintenance of water distribution system mains, service lines and related facilities & equipment.
• Operates, maintains and repairs a variety of tools and equipment. Performs tasks related to the maintenance and repair of streets, curbs, gutters & sidewalks, including street signs and related public works facilities.
• Installs, tests and repairs water meters; replace worn or defective meter parts, clean and reset meter boxes; maintain small & large water meters.
• Performs skilled work in assembling, laying water distribution and wastewater collection mains & service lines.
• Locates and repairs leaks in water and wastewater collection mains & service lines.
• Set up and remove barricades as needed at work sites.
• Maintain manholes, catch basins, etc.
• Operates trucks, trenchers, skip loaders, backhoes and a variety of motorized equipment.
• Perform ground-keeping tasks at Village-owned sites & facilities.
• Works after-hours during emergencies and on-call duties on a rotating basis.
Status Regular, Full-Time – The International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150
Public Employees Division
Requirements -High School Diploma or GED required
-Valid Illinois driver’s license
-Must possess or be able to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License within 3 months of
-Must adhere to residency requirements: establish residency within 1 year of employment