Village of Midlothian Seeking Applicants For Vacancy On Village Board...
The Village of Midlothian is taking applications to fill a vacancy on the Village Board.
The Village of Midlothian is seeking a professional to serve as Trustee on the Village Board. This position will be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Village Board of Trustees.
The Village Board consists of the Mayor and six Trustees who are elected at-large for overlapping terms of four years. As the policy-making body, the Board approves ordinances and adopts resolutions that direct how services are provided and, importantly, how they are funded. There is an opening for a Village Trustee position for a two-year appointment that ends in May 2019.
1. The Village Board is a policy-making executive board, making important community policy decisions and representing Midlothian residents in the development and pursuit of community goals.
2. The Board, through the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, approves how and what activities and projects are supported.
3. The Village Board meets regularly to consider and vote on Village business.
4. Trustees on the Village Board are expected to attend regular meetings, attend meetings that are specially called, and attend community events. Meetings generally occur in the evenings.
* The Village Board Regular Meetings are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month, excluding dates that are near/during holidays. Village Board Committee Meetings are held every first and third Wednesday of the month. Meetings typically last one to two hours.
* Prior to scheduled meetings, members of the Village Board are responsible for reviewing agenda packets that contain information pertaining to the topics to be discussed. Additional meetings, such as ad hoc sessions, workshops, or executive sessions, may occur before or after the regular meeting.
* Training- A newly appointed Village Board Trustee is required to complete Open Meetings training made available through an online course offered by the Attorney General’s website.
Trustees receive $6,000.00 per year.
Midlothian residents eligible under Section 3.1-10-5 of the Illinois Municipal Code should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mayor Gary L’Heureux
Attn: Carl Ivan
Midlothian Village Hall
14801 S Pulaski Rd
Midlothian, Illinois, 60445
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16, 2017.